Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 1: We believe.

In my first week of school I asked the students to decorate their math binders with their names. One student got out his red pen and meticulously wrote out the entire credo on the cover of his binder. The credo reads:

We believe.
We believe in the creation of inspired lives
produced by desire, discipline, and dedication.
We are not frightened by the challenges of reality
but believe that we can change our world and our place within it.
We work, plan, create and dream.
Our talent, character, and integrity will be the tools we need

to build a better tomorrow.
We believe that we can take this place, this time,
and the people here
and build a better place, a better time, and a better people.
As a team and a fmily, we will either find a way or make one.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    I am so so so proud of you. You have taken up one of the toughest jobs (have seen my mum, and boy)... But its also the most amazing job.... You are helping these young kids grow... and if they are able to borrow even a tiny bit of you, they will grow up to be wonderful individuals..

    Lots of love darling... And loads of hugs... I wish I could come and see you... Cant tell you how much I miss you...

    ReplyDelete